domingo, 6 de octubre de 2013

It started and it ended with a ring

You left the ring
and walked away,
I couldn't see your back,
my eyes were blurry.

I wished to call your name
but the words never came,
the tears we never shed
summoned our end
without a beginning.

Inside my head
I still sometimes replay
the last scene
of that film we never watched.

What should I've said
to keep you by my side?

The truth you spoke,
my unspoken truth
everything came too late
and too confusing.

And so I waved goodbye
to the 90's and my youth,
to the childish me
and to the mature you.

Inside my thoughts
I still sometimes resketch
the last words
of that book we never wrote.

What should I've done
to keep you from leaving?

The feelings you kept,
my feelings unaware,
everything came too late
and too confusing.

And so I waved goodbye
to the 90's and my youth,
to the thoughtless me
and to the thoughtful you.

Back then I thought
the 90's and my youth,
the absent minded me
and the friendly you,
were forever lost.

Still I kept your ring
still I kept my heart
as I waved goodbye
to the 90's and to you.

But the 90's came back to me
in the 21st century
with the sweetness of whipped cream
and the surprise of your eyes
when they met mine.

Time will carry on
but by your side
I'll be forever that child that lived
in the 20th century.

En honor a Yoon Jae y Shi Won al final del ep 12 de
"Answer to 1997"

2 comentarios:

  1. oohhhh! te la estas viendo . Para mi fue un muy buen dorama, esta dentro de mis recomendadas, espero que lo disfrutes

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Sí, ya era hora ¿verdad? Lo estoy disfrutando mucho ^^

    ResponderEliminar